Thursday, September 30, 2010

great grandchildren visit

Nice note Rip.
Margo, Lindsay, Kenny, Mariah, Ella, and Randy went to visit last Saturday. She slept alot and seemed tired but responded some to my voice. I talked about my upcoming surgery and she seemed to perk up and understand. She said she thought it would be a good thing for me. Mother seemed to respond to the girls and say hi to them weakly. Mariah rubbed Grandma's arm and said I love you great grandma. Ella said hi to her. Greatgrandma sooned tired and we said our goodbyes. It was a good visit and she seemed comfortable. The new room layout is better for everyone.
Randy and Margo

1 comment:

  1. Hello Kratzers-Bakers-Morgans-Moxleys-Hacketts,
    Yes, Tim has done a fine job of setting up a blog. Thanks, Tim. Now I, who have never blogged anybody, will try my hand.
    Does anyone know the history of Mom's wedding apparel? Was her gown/veil new or borrowed? And the pearl necklace?
    The most remarkable thing to me about Mother was that, to my knowledge, she was completely without sin. She dedicated her life to her husband, her children, and her community while keeping good relations with her parents and siblings. The older I get, the more I appreciate her selflessness, integrity, and intelligence. But I do wonder if Mom had a sense of humor. She would smile, but would she laugh??? She hated The Three Stooges and Jerry Lewis. She walked out of the MASH movie I took her to.... Mom never played a prank on anyone, to the best of my recollection. What are your memories of Mom laughing?
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete