I was surprised to hear of Aunt Gertrude's death earlier this week but what an exemplary and long life she lived. The first thought that always comes
to mind when I think of Aunt Gertrude was her impeccable organizational skills. When their family would come to Deer Lodge, Montana for a visit I could
not get over those perfectly packed suitcases -- and with so many children! I think I must have been in the bedroom with Jane and Nancy as we were
getting ready for bed or maybe getting clothes to help dress Randy and Susan since I was always smitten with little children. I remember once going to get
my mother, Olive Kratzer, to look at those great suitcases!
I know you will all have just the best memories and that big void you feel now will quickly fill up thanks to those memories. It seems that big family of
Aunt Gertrude's has now grown by leaps and bounds. I will have to catch up soon with which family each of those little ones belong to. It was very touching for me to see the picture of my mother and Aunt Gertrude taken about 3 years ago. I know they wrote frequently but am sure it had been many years since they saw
each other so know that was a great visit.
Thinking of you all, especially next week.
All my love,
Bonnie (Kratzer) McQuillan and Mercedes and Sean
No comments:
Post a Comment